Tick & Lyme Testing & Treatment in
West Hartford, CT
Tick bites are commonplace in Connecticut, which is why DOCS Urgent Care in West Hartford CT offers professional tick/Lyme testing and treatment. Our board-certified medical experts available for walk-ins, and appointments available for booking in advance. We also have extended hours Monday through Friday, from 8am to 8pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS URGENT CARE – West Hartford
983 New Britain Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06110
Why get tested?
getting checked for lyme
Some Symptoms of a Tick Bite Will Include:
- Headaches, Fatigue, Muscle Aches
- Rash (Usually seen at the site of the tick bite)
Diagnosis & Treatment of lyme disease
Early diagnosis and treatment is directly correlated with fast recovery. If untreated for a long time, additional treatments may be required in order to get you to feel your best. It is best to diagnose and treat the disease within a month.
Protect Yourself From Tick Bites
- Avoid Wooded Areas and High Grass
- Walk in Center of Trails
- Wear long sleeves and pants when working with brush or in other common area of ticks
- Use repellents that contain 20-30% DEET
- Use products that contain 0.5% permethrin on clothing.
- Examine clothes, backpacks and pets after coming back from any outdoor activity
If you see a tick on you or someone else, follow these tick removal steps in order to reduce the likelihood of being infected with Lyme disease. Always use fine-tipped tweezers to remove the tick.
1. Grasp the tick with fine-tipped tweezers.
2. While grasping the tick with fine-tipped tweezers, pull upward while keeping your hand steady. It is important not to squeeze or twist the tick, as this may cause the mouth of the tick to get stuck.
3. After the tick is removed, wash the tick bite and surrounding areas with soap and water, rubbing alcohol, or iodine scrub.
4. It is important to take cautionary measures when disposing of the tick. Wrap the tick in tape, place in a sealed bag or container, or submerge the tick in alcohol.
The Care When You Need It in West Hartford
DOCS Urgent Care in West Hartford is one of the many urgent care locations in the DOCS Urgent Care network. DOCS Urgent Care is a network of professional urgent care clinics that are run by top-quality physicians and board-certified medical experts. The goal at DOCS is to provide each patient with the best treatment and care possible at affordable pricing.