Occupational Health Services in Hamden, CT
Keep your Employees Healthy & Safe On The Job
Come into DOCS Urgent Care of Hamden for all your occupational health service needs. We understand the importance of caring for all of your employees. When you’re in need of immediate care, partner with us to receive quick and affordable treatment so you can get back on your way.
We deliver high-quality care so that you can stay at the top of your business. We accept all insurances and offer both scheduled and walk-in appointments.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH – Hamden
1700 Dixwell Ave.
Hamden, CT 06514
PHONE: (475) 238-7972
FAX: (475) 238-8609
WEEKDAYS : 9AM-7PM
WEEKENDS : Closed
Benefits of Occupational Health for Your Employees
DOCS Urgent Care is your one-stop shop for on-the-job injury care, pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, occupational physical exams and employee health and wellness.
We offer a comprehensive range of services, designed with your convenience in mind. We’re open 7 days a week with extended hours, no appointment is necessary.
Our Occupational Health Services in Hamden, CT
DOT Physicals/CDL Exams
As a walk-in clinic we offer routine DOT Physical exams for employees in need. The exam will cover:
- Vision: For commercial drivers, we will test to make sure drivers have at least a 20/40 in both eyes and be able to distinguish various colors.
- Hearing: Employees will be tested for hearing with and without hearing aids, and to pass they must be able to hear a “forced” whisper.
- Blood Pressure / Pulse Rate: Our Hamden clinicians will check your employees blood pressure and pulse for any irregularities.
- Urinalysis: We’ll also perform a urinalysis to make sure there are no underlying medical conditions present.
- Physical Exam: It’s important for the worker to be able to perform their job. This portion will cover appearance, breathing and swallowing, vascular systems, limb weakness, and any other physical attribute that may provide limitations for a driver.
- Vaccinations: If any worker needs updated vaccinations, we can cover them.
During a work-related physical exam, a DOCS provider will check your overall health and look for possible symptoms of illness or chronic conditions that may keep you from performing the duties of your job. The tests your provider recommends will depend on the type of physical examination being conducted. You’ll review your medical health history and job information with your Hamden physican’s provider, if applicable. Your provider will usually check:
- Drug Testing
- Wellness Exams
- Lab Testing
- Physical Abilities Test (PATs)
- Review of Medical History
- Pulmonary & Respiratory Function Tests
- Vision & Hearing Function Tests
- Strength Tests
- Medical Documentation
Workers’ Compensation & Related Injury Services
An injury at stress can cause a lot of stress. If one of your employees gets injured on the job, it can have a major impact on your business. The combination of medical bills, the loss of that worker’s productivity, workers’ compensation paperwork and low morale can all be costly.
Some of our Workers’ Compensation services include:
- Pre-employment and Pre-placement Examinations
- Executive Physical Examinations
- Annual Employee Examinations
- D.O.T. and Non-D.O.T. Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Immunizations and Vaccines
- International Travel Vaccines
- Onsite Laboratory, X-Ray, EKG, and Spirometry
DOCS 360 Program
When you partner with DOCS you are ensuring your employees are well cared for. DOCS of Hamden is now offering a well-rounded health and wellness program. We have a subscription, based unlimited access program called DOCS 360.
This program gives members access to our Hamden location as well as the other 16 locations located across Connecticut. Our program covers:
- Annual Physical
- Flu Shots on Location (At all 17 DOC Locations)
- Unlimited Sick Visits
- Telemedicine Services
- Unlimited Onsite Imaging
- Pre & Post Employment Physicals
- Drug Testing
- DOT Physicals
THE CARE YOUR EMPLOYEES NEED, WHEN THEY NEED IT IN HAMDEN, CT
Our experienced occupational medicine specialists at DOCS Urgent Care of Hamden are trained in the assessment and treatment of workplace-related health conditions. We help to diagnose the underlying cause of injuries and illnesses and can give educated recommendations on how to prevent workplace-related health issues in the future. Above all else, our occupational specialists are committed to getting your employees back to work quickly and safely. Reach out today!