School Physicals in East Haven, CT
If you are in need of affordable, quick and no appointment school physicals for your children, then DOCS Urgent Care in East Haven is the ideal provider for you. We administer school physicals for children of all ages that not only address vision and hearing, but give focus to other health problems and needed vaccinations as well.Our staff is also on hand to fill out all required school forms and to administer needed vaccinations and immunizations depending upon your child’s age.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS URGENT CARE – EAST HAVEN
317 Foxon Road
East Haven, CT 06513
WEEKDAYS : 8AM-8PM
WEEKENDS : 8AM-4PM
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SCHOOL PHYSICAL
Physical Examination Includes:
- Serious illnesses among other family members
- Illnesses (past and present) due to asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy, etc
- Previous hospitalization or surgeries
- Past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- History with passing out, dizziness, chest pain, or trouble breathing during exercise.
- Medications that you are currently on (over-the-counter/ herbal supplements/ prescription.)
What should I bring to the physical?
INCLUDED IN YOUR CHILD'S PHYSICAL
At the time of your child’s physical feel free to talk to the doctor about any health or developmental concerns you may have about your child. There are a number of services we here at the DOCS Urgent Care in East Haven include with school physicals. Services include:
Physical Examination Includes:
- Review of health history and immunizations
- Perform physical examination
- Height/ Weight
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Checking of heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate posture, joint, strength, and flexibility
- Vision testing
- Supply you with a summary of the exam and stamp any medical forms required
- Fax all applicable and related documents to specific institutions
Here at DOCS Urgent Care of East Haven we have been recognized as an industry leader in medical care and are steadfast in providing the highest quality care and treatment to all our patients. We work directly with all the East Haven school districts and the educational centers in ensuring that both proper physicals and year-round medical care is administered.
Vaccinations Offered in East Haven
We also provide needed vaccinations here at DOCS Urgent Care of East Haven that are dependent upon your child’s age.Some of the vaccinations we offer include:
- Hepatitis A (Pediatric)
- Hepatitis B (Pediatric)
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Zostavax (Shingles)
- Polio (IPV)
- Rabies Vaccination
- Tetanus Diphtheria (TD)
- Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis (TDAP)
- Twinrix (Hep A & B Combination)
- Yellow Fever
The Care Your Child Needs, When They Need It in East Haven
The Importance of Sports Physicals and Camp Physicals
There are about 38 million adolescents engaging in a U.S. sport every year, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). While the health benefits outweigh the likelihood of sports-related illness or injury, it’s always best to be given a clean bill of health before participation.
Our complete sports and camps physicals will determine if your child or teen can take part in sports practice or camp. It is vital for your children to be examined before playing in any physical sports. Our goal is to reduce their chances of getting hurt or sick while taking part in sports. At DOCS Urgent Care our professionals always provide a complete physical exam for all patients big and small.
Sports & Camp Physicals in East Haven When You Need It
DOCS Urgent Care in East Haven is a part of the broader DOCS Urgent Care network. Our licensed Urgent Care clinics are managed by board-certified doctors who provide sports and camp physicals at cost-effective prices. For more information on our sports & camp physicals, speak with our medical experts in our East Haven office.