Allergy Testing & Treatment in Norwalk, CT
Many suffer from a variety of allergies in the U.S.—there are actually millions of sufferers everywhere. Go to the DOCS Urgent Care in Norwalk to receive dependable allergy treatments for your allergies. Our highly qualified Allergist will help you understand the cause of your allergy symptoms and then help create a plan of action for treating them.
The Norwalk clinic’s board-certified doctor and certified staff are fully equipped to provide reliable and cost-effective healthcare to the local community. Our location is open every day of the week and accepts walk-ins frequently. If you’re looking to get an allergy diagnosis and a treatment plan, visit our specialists.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS URGENT CARE – NORWALK
677 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854
WEEKDAYS : 8AM-8PM
WEEKENDS : 8AM-6PM
The Importance of Allergy Testing
What Are Allergy Shots?
It’s common for allergies to be passed down by your parents. Allergies can also appear at any period of your life. If you want to decrease your allergic response to certain allergens, you have to find out what’s causing it. At the DOCS Urgent Care in Norwalk, our Allergist will assess your medical history and then conduct a skin allergy test. This is the best way to discover allergies that also deliver quick results.
Symptoms of allergies
The following are various signs and symptoms of allergies:
- Sneezing and irritations of the nose
- Itching and redness of the eyes
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Abdominal (stomach) pain or bloating
- Skin irritation, including rashes and/or hives
- Swelling or itching skin
If your day is frequently interrupted because of your allergy symptoms or you swiftly experience a wave of new allergy signs, see one of our specialists as promptly as possible. This is particularly crucial if it’s a child who all of a sudden exhibits symptoms.
Who Should Get Allergy Shots?
Allergy Shots (immunotherapy) are effective for most patients. They are an especially good treatment for these types of patients:
- Those with medications that do not effectively control allergic reactions
- Those looking for long-term relief from allergies that want to stop using allergy medications
- Those allergic to insect stings
- Those who have other medications which conflict with or counteract their allergy medication
Let our Professional Allergist in Bethel help on the journey to becoming allergy free!
What to know about allergy shots
WHAT ARE ALLERGY SHOTS
Allergy Shots, also called immunotherapy, are delivered as a treatment approach in our Norwalk clinic. These injections are implemented over three to five years at an established number of intervals. The length of time for your treatment depends chiefly on the severity of your allergy symptom. We utilize these injections to lower and ultimately stop your allergic reactions entirely.
It’s a highly efficient system of getting rid of the allergies patients suffer from entirely by establishing up a tolerance to most types of allergens. As time passes, we increase the allergen dosage until the full intensity is achieved. The Allergists in our Norwalk Urgent Care will help you choose a treatment approach that’s helpful for you.
FOR WHICH TYPES OF IMMUNOTHERAPY ARE EFFECTIVE?
Immunotherapy treats many types of allergens significantly.
- Indoor allergens – If you suffer all year long, you probably have an allergy to mold, dust mites, cockroaches, or pet dander.
- Insect allergens – If you only suffer an allergic reaction from stings or bites from bees, hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets then it’s likely an insect allergen.
- Seasonal allergies – Seasonal allergies emerge during spring and summer as the pollen is released from trees, weeds, and grasses. Asthma and hay-fever are frequent reactions.
WHO SHOULD GET ALLERGY SHOTS
Allergy Shots (immunotherapy) are suitable for most allergies. They are extremely good for people like these:
- Anyone taking medications that don’t adequately control allergic reactions
- Anyone who wants long-term allergy relief but wants to quit using allergy medications
- People with an allergy to insect stings
- People taking medicine that conflicts with or counteracts their allergy medication
Let our Allergists help you devise a proper treatment plan to get you allergy relief.
TREATMENT FOR POISON IVY
The professionals at the DOCS Urgent Care in Norwalk administer sufficient treatment for rashes due to poison ivy contact. The rash develops after the oils directly touch your skin. You don’t even have to touch it yourself because it transfers from clothing and even your pet’s fur. You find that poison oak and sumac induce the same type of irritating rashes.
Rash symptoms start to appear roughly after 12 to 48 hours where your skin made contact. These commonly fluctuate depending on your sensitivity level. Expect the rash to persist anywhere from one to three weeks. Poison ivy often induces the following symptoms:
- Difficult breathing from poison ivy being burned and inhaled
TREATMENT FOR POISON IVY
Most patients treat poison ivy at home without any additional risk. If you find that your rash is not getting better then you should visit your Norwalk Urgent Care to get a consultation from the doctor. If you experience the symptoms below, you need to promptly go to your DOCS Urgent Care in Norwalk:
- Difficulty breathing after inhaling the smoke from burning poison ivy
- Blisters forming at the affected area
- Oozing blisters, which can be a sign of infection
- If symptoms continue for more than three weeks
DOCS Urgent Care in Norwalk belongs to a larger DOCS Urgent Care network that aims to render exceptional care at affordable prices. Our qualified medical team is here to provide sufficient care for anyone who suffers from allergies. Visit our Norwalk clinic as a walk-in or book an appointment for the expert allergy testing and treatment that you deserve.
Allergy Testing & Treatment in Norwalk When You Need It
DOCS Urgent Care – Norwalk, is part of the larger DOCS Urgent Care network. A network of professional Urgent Care clinics run by board-certified physicians. Our goal is to give the highest quality care to our patients while providing affordable services.