Allergy Testing & Treatment in Orange, CT
Allergies are rising in the United States. It’s reassuring to know the experts at the DOCS Urgent Care in Orange are there for patients to rely on for trustworthy allergy testing and treatment. In addition to being expert Allergists and highly trained specialists, several of us have also experienced allergies. Allow our staff to help you find the reason behind your allergies and then provide you with the relief you need.
The board-certified physician and qualified team at our Orange clinic strive to produce a comfortable testing encounter by treating all of our patients with care. Our reliable and affordable clinic is open every day. We accept walk-ins regularly if you’re unable to make an appointment. If you want to improve the condition of your health with the precise diagnosis and treatment of your allergies, then we’re the right healthcare providers for you.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS URGENT CARE – ORANGE
109 Boston Post Rd
Orange, CT 06477
WEEKDAYS : 8AM-8PM
WEEKENDS : 8AM-6PM
The Importance of Allergy Testing
Symptoms of Allergies
The allergists in our Orange DOCS Urgent Care Clinic will figure out your allergies by reviewing your medical history before administering a skin allergy test. By discovering which allergens impact you, we can effectively treat the source of the allergy.
Symptoms of Allergies
These are general symptoms of allergies:
- Sneezing and irritations of the nose
- Itching and redness of the eyes
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Abdominal (stomach) pain or bloating
- Skin irritation, including rashes and/or hives
- Swelling or itching skin
If your immune system suddenly starts reacting to harmless, everyday particles, then you need an allergy test conducted to find the cause. If you have a child with immediate symptoms, we suggest coming in as soon as you can since some allergies can be quite dangerous for children.
What to Know About Allergy Shots
What are Allergy Shots?
You can obtain immunotherapy, Allergy Shots, in our Orange clinic. These injections are provided over a period that can span three to five years at normal intervals. Your treatment period can vary according to the seriousness of your allergies. Eventually, your allergies diminish to the point that it’s a minimal reaction and even stop causing issues entirely.
Shots are the only treatment that can eventually eliminate your allergies. It works like a vaccine by exposing your system to tiny amounts of the allergen in an effort to build its threshold levels over time. The allergen dose is gradually increased until your body no longer reacts to it. The Allergists in our Orange Urgent Care thoroughly develop an allergy treatment plan that will meet your needs.
For Which Type of Allergens is Immunotherapy Effective?
Immunotherapy is useful for various allergens.
- Indoor allergens – If you suffer from allergies all year, then you probably have an allergy to mold, cockroaches, dust mites, or pet dander.
- Insect allergens – If you have a reaction to stings or bites from hornets, bees, yellow jackets, and wasps, then it’s probably an insect allergen.
- Seasonal allergies – These allergies appear throughout spring and summer as the pollen is released from trees, weeds, and grasses. Asthma and hay-fever are common reactions.
Who Should Get Allergy Shots?
Allergy Shots (immunotherapy) are suitable for multiple allergies. They are extremely worthwhile for these types of people:
- People using medications that don’t entirely control allergic reactions
- People desiring regular allergy relief but don’t want to continue using allergy medications
- People who have an allergy to insect stings
- People on other medicines that conflict with or counteract their allergy medication
Allow our Allergists to develop an effective treatment and a positive experience for you.
Poison Ivy & Rashes
Our master Allergists at the DOCS Urgent Care in Orange render top-notch diagnosis and treatment for poison ivy rashes. If you come into contact with poison ivy, symptoms don’t normally show immediately. You don’t even have to touch it directly to produce a reaction. If your pets happen to brush against the leaves, and then you stroke them, the oils transfer to your skin, causing an allergic reaction. Poison oak and sumac also produce similar rashes.
After around 12 to 48 hours of exposure, the symptoms start to appear. Depending on your tolerance to poison ivy, individual symptoms will widely vary. Some are mild, while others are quite severe. Your symptoms should begin to disappear within one to three weeks. The resulting symptoms below are associated with poison ivy:
- Difficult breathing from poison ivy being burned and inhaled
Treatment for Poison Ivy
Avoid scratching your rash since this only makes it worse. Use calamine lotion and take oatmeal baths to help calm the itchiness of your skin. In most cases, you can successfully treat poison ivy at home but if your skin starts to worsen then we urge you to see a doctor at the Orange Urgent Care. Visit your DOCS Urgent Care in Orange if you begin to exhibit the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing upon inhalation of the smoke from burning poison ivy
- Blisters developing at the affected area
- Infection signs such as oozing blisters or sores
- If symptoms last for more than three weeks
- If you’ve had serious reactions in the past
Board-certified physicians oversee our Urgent Care Clinic in Orange and work hard to provide reliable allergy testing and treatment plans at affordable rates. Speak with our qualified medical team for more details about our allergy testing and treatment methods in our Orange location, today.
Allergy Testing & Treatment in Orange When You Need It
DOCS Urgent Care – Orange, is part of the larger DOCS Urgent Care network. A network of professional Urgent Care clinics run by board-certified physicians. Our goal is to give the highest quality care to our patients while providing affordable services.