Tick & Lyme Testing and Treatment in Stratford, CT
At Docs Urgent Care in Stratford, CT our medical professionals are extremely familiar with tick-borne Lyme disease. It’s the most widespread tick-borne illness in the states. Our board-certified physicians give cost-effective testing and treatment for Lyme disease. Before visiting, you should fill out our online form to bring with you to give to our staff in the Stratford, CT clinic.
For your preference, our clinic takes appointments or walk-ins at our Stratford, CT office seven days a week. Our hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Monday through Friday. On the weekend, our hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Bring your health insurance card in addition to your photo ID. Our clinic takes the majority of major health insurances.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CARE
DOCS URGENT CARE – STRATFORD
200 E Main Street (Dock Plaza – Railside)
Stratford, CT 06614
WEEKDAYS : 8AM-8PM
WEEKENDS : 8AM-6PM
Why get tested?
It can be very relaxing to go on a long walk on a trail in a wooded area during the summer or fall months. Unfortunately, ticks can be found in abundance at this time as well. This is bad for us since ticks are carriers of viruses, germs, and bacteria. They can pass it along, harming our health.
The specific tick, called the Ixodes Scapularis or the deer tick, survives in wooded and grassy areas within the eastern area of the United States. This particular species is a carrier of Lyme disease. After you finish exploring or walking in these types of areas, shower and examine every spot of your skin for ticks.
It’s also necessary to look for ticks every few hours if you work in these areas. If you think you have a tick bite or start to present symptoms of Lyme disease, come to our office in Stratford, CT for testing. It’s important to get an early diagnosis and treatment in an effort to reduce your chance of complications.
getting checked for lyme
Some Symptoms of a Tick Bite Will Include:
- Headaches, Fatigue, Muscle Aches
- Rash (Usually seen at the site of the tick bite)
Diagnosis & Treatment of lyme disease
Our medical staff conducts a blood test known as the Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test. It determines if any antibodies have started forming in the blood because of the disease. The Western blot test is given to confirm a positive diagnosis and identify other issues. Testing isn’t regularly 100 percent correct in the first two weeks or so, which is why you need to make a note of your symptoms.
If diagnosed in the early stages, then it’s considerably easier to adequately treat it and you’ll heal faster. If the disease advances without any sort of treatment then neurological issues linked to the disease might recur or become permanent. Please visit our Stratford, CT medical experts as soon as you think you might have Lyme disease.
Protect Yourself From Tick Bites
- Avoid Wooded Areas and High Grass
- Walk in Center of Trails
- Wear long sleeves and pants when working with brush or in other common area of ticks
- Use repellents that contain 20-30% DEET
- Use products that contain 0.5% permethrin on clothing.
- Examine clothes, backpacks and pets after coming back from any outdoor activity
Take advantage of the tick removal method below to reduce your risk of Lyme disease.
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to grip the tick as close to the skin surface as possible. Pull straight up without squeezing or twisting it. If you twist, the head might break off beneath the skin.
- After removal, clean the tick bite area with soap and water.
- After cleaning, disinfect with rubbing alcohol or iodine.
- Never crush it with your fingers. Dispose of the tick by wrapping it in tape, placing in sealed bag/container, submerging it in alcohol, or by flushing it down the toilet.
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you have finished.
The Care When You Need It in Stratford
Docs Urgent Care in Stratford, CT is an extension of the Docs Urgent Care network that provides expert Lyme disease testing and treatment for all patients. Our medical organization aims to promptly give you exceptional and affordable care for Lyme disease. Our qualified physicians in our Stratford, CT office have years of practice in dealing with Lyme disease, among many other health-related issues. Visit us or book an appointment, today!